1. INVITATION TO TENDER
The Contracting Authority for the purpose of this Invitation to Tender is Low Cost Parcels Limited.
Their address is Synergy House, Lawson Street, North Shields, Tyne & Wear, NE296TG
The purpose of this tender is to appoint a contractor to supply building services to convert warehouse space into an office environment.
LCP currently has the capacity, subject to some upgrading of facilities, to accommodate 17 members of staff within the current layout of the building. In the coming months we expect to reach that capacity and need to consider options to increase the capacity to ensure we match the needs of the business over the next 12-18 months.
If we refurbished a proportion of the ground floor warehouse into office space we will potentially accommodate 13 additional staff. The cost of this renovation would be considerably cheaper in the longer term vs relocating. The plan would be to remove current store rooms in the warehouse and replace them with office, toilet and kitchen facilities.
3. SPECIFICATION OF REQUIREMENTS
3.1 Services/Work/Equipment to be provided:
The project will be split into two phases;
Conversion of the ground floor from a standard warehouse environment into office accommodation.
• The current location will need to be stripped out. An area of 18m2 damp wall, exposed and shot-blasted.
• A partition 15 x 3m meters built to divide the space from the existing warehouse
• Toilet and shower facilities added
• A small kitchen area introduced (incorporating 4 units & sink)
• Internal office with glass partition.
• Network cabling
• Full electrical fit out, with 20 additional electrical points and internal lighting
• 120m2 of suspended ceilings
• Carpets and other appropriate flooring
• Introduction of heating system
• Interior decoration including plastering and tiling
• External window and fire door
• Internal fire door
Improvement of office facilities on the first floor.
• Strip out of current toilet / plumbing facilities on first floor
• Introduction of new partition walls
• Refurbishment of male and female toilet block (5 toilets, 2 urinals and wash basins)
• Rewire for lighting and dryers
• Plastering and internal decoration
• Reconfiguration of staircase to the 2nd floor
• Carpets and appropriate flooring
• Reconfiguration of kitchen facilities
• Replacement of external windows
• Heating for the area
Specific plans can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tender placed on website – Friday 29th March 2019
Tender deadline – Friday 12th April 2019
Review bids – Monday 15th April 2019
Appoint preferred supplier/Place order – 18th April 2019
Phase 1 Start Date – 1st May 2019
All works complete – 1st September 2019
4. PROJECT TEAM
Please address any questions or completed bids to;
Low Cost Parcels
Tyne & Wear
Or email – email@example.com
5. QUALITY ASSURANCE
Low Cost Parcels Limited would like to invite tenders from companies that are in possession of a fully employed workforce, with the desired gas, lifting equipment and electrical qualifications only.
6. TENDER SUBMISSIONS
Tenders will be evaluated against the award criteria as set out within Section 7 and tenderers should also demonstrate within their tender proposal the following assurance that they have;
Capability to meet the contract requirements;
Quality and experience of the individual(s) delivering the contract; including evidence of a proven track record;
Value for money and added value
7. AWARD CRITERIA
The contract will be awarded to the most economically advantageous tender evaluated against the following criteria.
Weighting % - this can change depending on what is most important
|Timescale and delivery
|Quality of product
|Pricing of the tender
To ensure a fair and transparent tender process no approach of any kind in connection with this tender should be made to any other person within, or associated your company Failure to comply may result in disqualification from the process.
9. TENDER RETURN
FAO Mark McManus, Low Cost Parcels, Synergy House, Lawson St, North Shields, Tyne & Wear, NE29 6TG
Submissions can also be made by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for all tenders is noon Friday 12th April 2019